Monday, July 1, 2013

Sun Rubber Company

Hello,


                     Im Kate. These are the Squeak toys I like. It all started with these elephants.

When I spotted these they where A little grubby, actually they where all the same icky brown color, but I had a feeling that underneath that grime was something wonderful. So for $1 each I decided they had a home with me and my husband.
Who was this "Sun Rubber Company"?

Soon I was Learning a lot about Sun Rubber and the toys they made. My friends found them Shuddersome, I loved The little expressions and thought of them as very sweet. I was getting them as gifts and posting pictures on flickr.
I was hunting swap meets, thrift stores, Garage and yard sales. 









It seemed There was this whole little world of squeaks around me and I had just never noticed them. Now they where everywhere and I fell in love with each one. I made friends on flickr who had AMAZING collections and are very sweet to me.                      




   I still only liked Sun Rubber Company at this point, and I was still very cautious with my spending habits. I would only spend $1-$5 each.  

No comments:

Post a Comment